TLPK -2 Madelaines au citron



From the moment I saw Rachel cook these Madeleines with Lemon Curd on The Little Paris Kitchen I knew I had to try them.  I loved the idea of a fresh Raspberry in the centre filled with Lemon Curd.  Though straight away there was a problem, I had no Madeleine tins or muffin tins.  That's where Lakeland come in handy.  So I ordered some. And they arrived on a Saturday, so I set to making the batter.  

The TLPK recipe is pretty straightforward, made the batter and put it in the fridge for a few hours.  Now I've never been much of a baker and  the second thing I didn't have was a piping bag, so how do I get just the right amount of batter in the Madeleine shell?  I am sure there are tricks and tips I'm just not aware of so I just went ahead and did it my way.  Oh yes I did it my way.  And that didn't work out too well.  So I googled piping bags and found I could make my own piping bag from a plastic storage bag.  Just fill with batter and clip off one corner, hey presto it works. I got just the right amount of batter in the shells.

Comments

Popular Posts